This kit tests for caustic levels by adding drops of Barium Chloride solution to a sample where white precipitate will form if carbonates are present. Levels are then determined using the Phenolphthalein Indicator.
- 30 mL *Hydrochloric Acid, 3.6N
- 15 mL *Phenolphthalein Indicator, 0.5%
- 30 mL *Barium Chloride Solution, 10%
- 1 Pipet, 0.5 mL, plastic
- 1 Test Tube, 5-10-15-20-25 mL, plastic, w/cap
Reagents marked with an * are considered to be potential health hazards.
Caustic Test Kit
- Test Method: Titrimetric Dropper Bottle
- Range/Sensitivity: 1 drop = 0.1 or 1% NaOH
- Number of Tests: 50 at 10%
- Number of Reagents: 3