In this Caustic Test Kit a sample is reacted with barium to precipitate any carbonates, then is titrated with a standard acid to the phenolphthalein endpoint.
- 30 g *Barium Chloride Powder
- 2 x 30 mL *Hydrochloric Acid, 2.5N
- 60 mL Deionized Water
- 15 mL *Phenolphthalein Indicator, 1%
- 1 Pipet, 1.0 mL, plastic
- 1 Test Tube, 5-10-15-20-25 mL, plastic, w/cap
- 1 Direct Reading Titrator, 0 - 10 Range
- 1 Spoon, 0.5 g, plastic
Reagents marked with an * are considered to be potential health hazards.
Caustic Test Kit DRT
- Test Method: Direct Reading Titrator
- Range/Sensitivity: 0-10%/0.2% NaOH
- Number of Tests: 50 at 10%
- Number of Reagents: 4