The HI93414 is a multiparameter instrument that measures the most important parameters in drinking water: turbidity and chlorine. The instrument is based on a state-of-the-art optical system which provides accurate results by minimizing stray light and color interferences. Periodic calibration with the supplied standards compensates for any variations in intensity of the tungsten lamp. The colorimeter portion of the meter uses a 525 nm narrow band interference filter for maintaining the proper wavelength in the measurement of free and total chlorine. All measurements are performed with 25 mm round cuvettes composed of special optical glass to ensure maximum repeatability of turbidity and chlorine measurements.
- Three Measurement Modes - The HI93414 features three options for measurement including ratio mode for turbidity, free chlorine, and total chlorine. Turbidity measurements can be made in the 0.00 to 1000 NTU (Nephelometric Turbidity Units) range, while free or total chlorine measurements can be made in the 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (ppm) range.
- Multiple reading modes - Normal measurement, continuous measurement, or signal averaging measurement are reading modes available.
- EPA Compliant - The HI93414 meets and exceeds the requirements of EPA and Standard Methods both for turbidity and colorimetric chlorine measurements. When the meter is in EPA mode all turbidity readings are rounded accordingly to meet reporting requirements.
- Calibration - A two, three, or four-point turbidity calibration can be performed by using the supplied (<0.10, 15.0, 100, and 750 NTU) standards. Calibration points can be modified if user-prepared standards are used. For free and total chlorine, the 1.00 mg/L (ppm) CAL Check standard can be used for calibration and performance verification.
- AMCO AEPA-1 Primary Turbidity Standard - The AMCO AEPA-1 supplied standards are recognized as a primary standard by the USEPA. These non-toxic standards are made of styrene divinylbenzene polymer spheres that are uniform in size and density. The standards are reusable and stable with a long shelf life.
- CAL Check – With the powerful CAL Check function, reliable performance of the chlorine colorimeter can be validated at any moment by using the NIST traceable standards. All standards are supplied with a Certificate of Analysis (COA) for traceability.
- Fast Tracker - For advanced field applications, the HI93414 is equipped with Fast Tracker - Tag Identification System (T.I.S.) that makes data collecting and management simpler than ever. Fast Tracker allows users to record the time and location of a specific measurement or series of measurements using iButton tags near sampling points for quick and easy readings. Each iButton tag contains a computer chip with a unique identication code encased in stainless steel.
- GLP Data – The HI93414 features complete GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) functions that allow traceability of the calibration conditions. Data includes calibration points, date, and time.
- Data Logging – Up to 200 measurements can be stored in the internal memory and recalled at any time.
- Data Transfer – For further storage or analysis options, logged data can be downloaded to a Windows compatible PC using the RS232 or USB ports and the HI92000 software.
- Backlit Display – A backlit LCD display provides an easy to understand, user-friendly interface. Displayed codes guide the user step-by-step through routine operation and calibration.
Turbidity and Chlorine Portable Meter
- Turbidity Range: 0.00 to 9.99; 10.0 to 99.9; 100 to 1000 NTU
- Turbidity Resolution: 0.01; 0.1; 1 NTU
- Turbidity Accuracy: ±2% of reading plus 0.02 NTU
- Turbidity Repeatability: ±1% of reading or 0.02 NTU, whichever is greater
- Turbidity Stray Light: < 0.02 NTU
- Turbidity Calibration: two, three, or four-point calibration
- Turbidity Measuring Method: ratio nephelometric method (90° & 180°)
- Turbidity Measuring Modes: normal, average, continuous
- Turbidity Light Source: tungsten filament lamp
- Turbidity Light Detector: silicon photocell
- Free Chlorine Range: 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L
- Free Chlorine Resolution: 0.01 mg/L from 0.00 to 3.50 mg/L; 0.10 above 3.50 mg/L
- Free Chlorine Accuracy: ±0.02 mg/L @ 1.00 mg/L
- Total Chlorine Range: 0.00 to 5.00 mg/L
- Total Chlorine Resolution: 0.01 mg/L from 0.00 to 3.50 mg/L; 0.10 above 3.50 mg/L
- Total Chlorine Accuracy: ±0.02 mg/L @ 1.00 mg/L
- Chlorine Method: Adaptation of the USEPA Method 330.5 and Standard Method 4500-Cl G. The reaction between chlorine and DPD reagent causes a pink tint in the sample.
- Logging Memory: 200 records
- Connectivity: USB or RS232
- Automatic Shut-Off: auto-off after 15 minutes of non-use
- Display: 40 x 70 mm graphic LCD (64 x 128 pixels) with backlight
- Battery Type: 4 (1.5V) AA alkaline batteries
- Power Supply: 4 (1.5V) AA alkaline batteries or AC adapter
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F), RH max 95% non-condensing
- Photometer/Colorimeter Light Source: Tungsten filament lamp
- Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector: Silicon photocell with 525 nm narrow band interference filters