The HI98703 Precision Turbidity Portable Meter is specially designed for water quality measurements, providing reliable and accurate readings, especially in the low turbidity range. The instrument is based on a state-of-the-art optical system which provides accurate results by minimizing stray light and color interferences. Periodic calibration with the supplied standards compensates for any variations in intensity of the tungsten lamp. The 25 mm round cuvettes composed of special optical glass guarantee the repeatability of turbidity measurements.
- Multiple reading modes - Normal measurement, continuous measurement, or signal averaging measurement are reading modes available.
- EPA Compliant Measurement - The HI98703 meets and exceeds the requirements of EPA and Standard Methods for turbidity measurements. When the meter is in EPA mode all turbidity readings are rounded accordingly to meet reporting requirements.
- Calibration – A two, three, or four-point turbidity calibration can be performed by using the supplied (<0.10, 15.0, 100, and 750 NTU) standards. Calibration points can be modified if user-prepared standards are used.
- AMCO AEPA-1 Primary Turbidity Standard - The AMCO AEPA-1 supplied standards are recognized as a primary standard by the USEPA. These non-toxic standards are made of styrene divinylbenzene polymer spheres that are uniform in size and density. The standards are reusable and stable with a long shelf life.
- Fast Tracker - For advanced field applications, the HI98703 is equipped with Fast Tracker - Tag Identification System (T.I.S.) that makes data collecting and management simpler than ever. Fast Tracker allows users to record the time and location of a specific measurement or series of measurements using iButton tags near sampling points for quick and easy readings. Each iButton tag contains a computer chip with a unique identication code encased in stainless steel.
- GLP Data – The HI98703 features complete GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) functions that allow traceability of the calibration conditions. Data includes calibration points, date, and time.
- Data Logging – Up to 200 measurements can be stored in the internal memory and recalled at any time.
- Data Transfer – For further storage or analysis options, logged data can be downloaded to a Windows compatible PC using the RS232 or USB port and the HI92000 software.
- Backlit Display – A backlit LCD display provides an easy to understand, user-friendly interface. Displayed codes guide the user step-by-step through routine operation and calibration.
Turbidity Portable Meter
- Range: 0.00 to 9.99; 10.0 to 99.9; 100 to 1000 NTU
- Resolution: 0.01; 0.1; 1 NTU
- Accuracy: ±2% of reading plus 0.02 NTU
- Repeatability: ±1% of reading or 0.02 NTU, whichever is greater
- Stray Light: < 0.02 NTU
- Calibration: two, three, or four-point calibration
- Measuring Method: ratio nephelometric method (90° & 180°). Adaptation of the USEPA Method 180.1 and Standard Method 2130 B
- Measuring Modes: normal, average, continuous
- Light Source: tungsten filament lamp
- Light Detector: silicon photocell
- Logging Memory: 200 records
- Connectivity: USB or RS232
- Automatic Shut-Off: auto-off after 15 minutes of non-use
- Display: 60 x 90 mm backlit LCD
- Battery Type: 4 (1.5V) AA alkaline batteries
- Power Supply: 4 (1.5V) AA alkaline batteries or AC adapter
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F), RH max 95% non-condensing